The Aging in Place Campus
A New Model of Community Care
The Aging in Place campus will feature senior housing with services and joint classes for seniors and preschoolers.
We are excited to announce our campaign to build a new and replicable model of care for our elders – the Aging in Place Campus, which will provide seniors with independent housing + services to age with dignity in their own homes. This innovative care hub will save taxpayer dollars and increase the quality of life for everyone in the community.
More and more Californians need housing, health care, socialization and support every day. There are simply not enough services for people living with Alzheimer’s or health concerns like Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, heart attacks, stroke and other serious conditions.
We are stepping up to meet the need.
Our new campus will include 81 units of affordable housing built by Satellite Affordable Housing Associates, as well as space for our flagship Mt. Diablo Adult Day Health Center, which will provide seniors with individual care plans and wraparound services right on site.
It will also house our award-winning Montessori preschool with intergenerational programming for children and seniors together, busting ageism before it can take root and positively impacting lives with unique learning opportunities.
For more than 70 years, Choice in Aging has been breaking down barriers and embracing the joy and enrichment that seniors bring to the community.
We have long supported the oldest and frailest adults, creating the first program in the nation to serve people with advanced Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias in adult day health care, a program which became a model around the country.
COVID-19 outbreaks in nursing homes are the latest evidence that we need a new approach to aging. Research shows that living in your own home and maintaining a sense of community as you age results in better physical and cognitive health, increasing the quality of life for those who might otherwise be forced into institutional care.
We’re asking you for your support to build this innovative new resource. Will you join us by making a special donation to invest in our community’s seniors?
100% of Your Donation Goes to Work That Supports Building Our New Facility
Artist’s renderings of the Aging in Place Campus
CHOICE IN AGING
490 Golf Club Road
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
For more information or to learn about major sponsorship, please contact Mike Maxwell at email@example.com.
Project Updates & Resources:
- Aging in Place FAQ
- Budget Support Letters
- City of Pleasant Hill City Council 2/22 Meeting Agenda
- City of Pleasant Hill City Council 1/25 Meeting Agenda
- City of Pleasant Hill Planning Commission 12/15 Special Meeting Agenda
- City of Pleasant Hill Planning Commission 12/15 Special Meeting Announcement
- City of Pleasant Hill Architectural Review Commission 11/5 Announcement
- City of Pleasant Hill Architectural Review Commission 11/5 Meeting Agenda
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS:
Choice in Learning Montessori Preschool Relocation
- Request for Qualifications
- Attachment A: Existing Floor Plan Showing Choice in Learning and RES
- Attachment B: Preliminary Plans for Temporary Choice in Learning Preschool
- Attachment C: Overall Site Plan for Future Aging in Place Campus
- Attachment D: Renderings of Future Aging in Place Campus
- Attachment E: Asbestos & Lead Report by ACC Environmental Consultants