WE SERVE CULTURALLY DIVERSE POPULATIONS
In the diverse Bay Area, Mt. Diablo Center in Pleasant Hill addresses the need for services in native languages that are culturally sensitive to customs and traditions. MDC offers day programs in English, Russian and Farsi, and has fluent Spanish speakers on staff. The activities provide a supportive, caring and social environment for elders or people with disabilities.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMS
- Care plans based on individual needs
- Respite for caregivers
- The opportunity to socialize and interact comfortably in a culturally sensitive environment
- Celebration of important holidays and traditions
- In depth medical case management by nurses, social workers, physical, speech and occupational therapists and psychological services as needed (ADHC only)
- Appropriate exercises, recreational and educational activities, discussions, current events, dancing, gardening and more!
- Games, live entertainment, music, art, crafts and horticultural therapy
- Socialization and engagement
- Nutritious meal and transportation
- Special area for noon prayers (Farsi program)
- Russian newspapers and publications
- Themed events and celebrations
- Social and referral services as needed
- Increased independence, well being and FUN!
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY AND COST
All participants must be 18 years of age or older. Private pay, Medi-Cal Managed Care, Regional Center of the East Bay, and VA insurance are accepted for those who qualify. Some long-term care and insurance policies will cover the cost, and other payment options may be available.
A medical history and physical are required for admission. A home visit is provided by our social worker for needs assessment and to explain the admissions process at no cost.