ALZHEIMER’S CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUP & EDUCATION
Choice in Aging, in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association, is proud to present two FREE monthly support group for caregivers and their families. Held the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 4:30pm to 6:00pm at our offices in Pleasant Hill, the meetings address a relevant and different topic each session. Navigating the life changing diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia can be overwhelming, but we are here to help! The Group strives to answer the tough questions whether you are an old hand at caregiving or just starting on the journey. The focus is learning, sharing, planning and invariably laughing!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM:
- Achieve a better understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss
- Coping skills for the inevitable changes
- Addressing legal and financial issues
- Changing monthly topics
- Professional and knowledgeable speakers provide education and information
- Tools for stress reduction
- Learn how to partner with doctors and understand the resources available
- Ask questions and get answers
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY AND COST:
The support group is open to everyone and is FREE. For more information contact Group Facilitator, Betsy Flathers (925) 682-6330 x103. Support is a phone call away.