MSSP is a federally and state funded care management program that helps keep frail seniors safely at home and out of skilled nursing facilities. Our social workers and nurses work with you, your family and friends to set up the resources and services needed to allow you to live as independently as possible at no cost to those eligible.
Currently, Choice in Aging runs two MSSP offices, one which serves Contra Costa County and another which serves Napa/Solano Counties.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MSSP SERVICES:
- A thorough assessment of each individual and a customized care plan with the goal of preventing premature placement into a skilled nursing facility
- Arrange caregivers from local agencies to help as needed
- Set up and fund an emergency response system
- Arrange for installation of safety equipment, such as grab bars and ramps
- Help secure free incontinence supplies
- Fund incontinence creams/washes no longer paid for by Medi-Cal
- Supply para-transit or taxi vouchers for needed trips to medical appointments
- Assist with needed durable medical equipment and other assistive devices
- Connect with community resources for advocacy, food, health care, senior centers, etc.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY AND COST
The program is available at no cost to those who qualify, are 65+, live in Contra Costa County, Napa County, or Solano County, have Medi-Cal with zero share of cost, and are a serious risk for out-of-home placement.
Contra Costa MSSP