As a nonprofit organization, Choice in Aging relies heavily on donations from the community to help us continue to operate and provide life-changing services. We have a few annual fundraising events each year including:
- #GivingTuesday: An annual event that happens the Tuesday after Thanksgiving every year, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. The event kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. Be sure to follow us on social media to keep up to date on our latest #GivingTuesday campaign.
- Year-End Giving: A longstanding nonprofit tradition, our Year-End Giving campaign allows our existing and new supporters to pledge a donation amount before the end of the year and receive a tax-deduction for it.
- The Annual Crab Feed: With a reputation lasting over 40 years, our annual Crab Feed in Pleasant Hill, which benefits Mt. Diablo Center, is a staple in the local community. Next year marks the 70th Anniversary of Choice in Aging, and the Crab Feed will celebrate this milestone on February 9, 2019. Selling out every year, the event includes a raffle, silent auction, live auction, and more! Sponsorships are available for the event, if interested, please email Peggy Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Bedford Block Party: Started in September 2018, the Bedford Block Party is a new annual event to benefit the Bedford Center. A fun day-time setting, the Block Party has a silent auction, raffle, and short program explaining the importance of the center. Sponsorships are available for the event, if interested, please email Peggy Dillon at email@example.com. Next year’s date is TBD.
- A Legacy Gift: You can make a meaningful difference by supporting our work in your estate plan. A legacy gift can be as simple as a bequest in your will or trust, a prearranged gift in your retirement plan, insurance policy, bank, investment account, or other asset. Consult with your financial adviser and then reach out to Debbie Toth at 925-682-6330 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Together we can create a legacy of dignity for adults for generations to come.
- Donate Your Car, Truck, RV or Boat: Choice in Aging partners with Car Donation Services, Inc. to turn your donated vehicles into direct benefits for our clients. If it has wheels, Car Donation Services, Inc. will accept it, handle the pickup and all of the paperwork. It is as easy as calling toll free 888-686-4483 or filling out this online form. Donating your unwanted vehicle will positively impact the lives of frail adults, and it’s also tax-deductible!