At Choice in Aging, we understand that we don’t just serve our clients, we serve caregivers as well. In addition to providing respite care, we offer services such as support groups and events designed especially for caregivers.
ALZHEIMER’S CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUP & EDUCATION
Choice in Aging, in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association, is proud to present two FREE monthly support groups for caregivers and their families. The meetings address relevant and different topics each session. Navigating the life changing diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias can be overwhelming, but we are here to help! The Group strives to answer the tough questions whether you are an old hand at caregiving or just starting on the journey. The focus is learning, sharing, planning and invariably laughing!
Support groups at Mt. Diablo Center are held the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 4:30pm to 6:00pm.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM:
- Achieve a better understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss
- Coping skills for the inevitable changes
- Addressing legal and financial issues
- Changing monthly topics
- Professional and knowledgeable speakers provide education and information
- Tools for stress reduction
- Learn how to partner with doctors and understand the resources available
- Ask questions and get answers
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY AND COST:
The group is open to everyone and is FREE. For more information contact the group facilitator, Betsy Flathers: (925) 682-6330 x103.