Under the direction of the Program Director, the Psychological Services Specialist (PSS) provides consultation services to Bedford Center & Mt. Diablo Center staff for at least 6 hours per month. The PSS must be familiar with and adhere to all Title 22 ADHC regulations. The Mt. Diablo Center serves multi-cultural participants and the PSS must be sensitive to these cultures, customs and diversities and effectively use program translators as needed for communication and assessments. The PSS works as a member of the Choice in Aging team to meet our mission to provide the services needed for frail elderly and disabled adults to remain independent and retain their dignity while engaging in an active social life.
- Tailor and communicate all training to address the needs of the employee population, which includes but is not limited to all educational levels and experience and those that speak English as a second language
- Create and provide three hours of training per month to Mt. Diablo Center staff pertaining to:
- Participant’s diagnoses or medical history
- Participant’s mental, emotional or behavior problems
- Information from the participant’s family regarding metal, emotional or behavioral problems
- Observations, issues, or concerns brought up by center staff, pertaining to participants in our programs
- Train staff on team techniques such as group socialization activities, which restore or expand normal social roles, individual and group therapies in various forms such as reality orientation, art and music therapy, and psycho-social drama
- Educate staff on specialized techniques and mental health treatments
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
- Must have a current active license and be in good standing as either a psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, psychiatric/clinical social worker from an accredited school
- Minimum of three years of practice in a health setting, serving the disabled or elderly
- Public Health and or mental health experience is preferred
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Full COVID-19 vaccination and booster(s) required
- Contract position
- Six hours per month at minimum
Application: To apply, please visit choiceinaging.org or email us your cover letter and resume. You can also call or fax us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (925) 682-6434 x291
- Fax: (925) 849-1784
Subject Line: Attn: Human Resources Coordinator – *Title of Open Position*
Please note: The recruitment timeline for this position may vary and depend on many factors and we appreciate your patience during this process. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting those candidates whose qualifications most closely match our requirements for the position.
Choice in Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.