Choice in Learning Montessori seeks to educate the young child in the spirit of Montessori while at the same time challenging the child to become part of a global environment governed by mindfulness toward young and aging alike. We seek to maintain a site where children and families feel welcome, supported, and nurtured.
We are an intergenerational Montessori Preschool located in Pleasant Hill offering a part-time assistant teaching position with the potential for advancement. Our ideal candidate is happy, energetic, flexible and enjoys working with young children. We are looking for a team player to join our team.
This is a great opportunity for a beginning teacher willing to make a commitment to our learning community. Visit ChoiceinLearning.org to learn more about our terrific program.
Choice in Learning Montessori (CiL) is a program of Choice in Aging (CiA) which has been providing care for frail elderly since 1949. Our President & CEO’s dream of intergenerational programming was realized in 2017 with the addition of an on-site Montessori preschool.Minimum Qualifications:
- 12 ECE units required (completed and/or ongoing)
- Preschool aged teaching experience
- Current Health/TB screening
- Required Immunizations-CPR/1st Aid Certified
- DOJ clearance/fingerprinting
- Full COVID vaccination regimen completed at least two week before the first day of employment
- Casual/On-Call between the hours of 8 AM & 5 PM
- Work hours vary depending on needs of organization
- Monday – Friday (closed on all major holidays)
- Salary: $16.00 – $20.00
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Dental & Vision are free if you waive Medical Insurance
- Voluntary Illness and Accident Protection (Aflac)
- EAP & 403b Retirement Plan
- Floating Holiday
- Birthday Holiday
- Generous PTO Policy
- Staff working 40 hours per week can earn 17 days of PTO per year
- Paid Time Off on most National Holidays
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
Application: To apply, please visit choiceinaging.org or email us your cover letter and resume. You can also call or fax us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (925) 682-6330 x291
- Fax: (925) 682-6375
Subject Line: Attn: Human Resources Coordinator – *Title of Open Position*
Please note: The recruitment timeline for this position may vary and depend on many factors, and we appreciate your patience during this process. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting those candidates whose qualifications most closely match our requirements for the position.
Choice in Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.