Are you looking for a Montessori Substitute Head or Assistant Teacher position? Do you enjoy working with children? Are you Montessori trained? Are you looking for a fun, inspiring and great place to work? If so, this is the job for you!
Choice in Learning Montessori (CiL) is a program of Choice in Aging (CiA) which has been providing care for frail elderly since 1949. Our President & CEO’s dream of intergenerational programming was realized in 2017 with the addition of an on-site Montessori preschool. Choice in Learning Montessori Preschool seeks to educate the young child in the spirit of Montessori. At the same time we challenge the child to become part of a global environment governed by mindfulness toward young and aging alike. We seek to maintain a site where children and families feel welcome, supported, and nurtured.
Reporting to and supervised by the Site Director, the substitute Head or Assistant Teacher for Choice in Learning Preschool is responsible for providing children the highest quality care and learning opportunities in a supportive Montessori philosophy of instruction. The Substitute Teacher works closely with staff at Choice in Learning Preschool who are dedicated to working with parents to support the personal growth and development of each child. By employing the Montessori philosophy in our teaching and care, teachers ensure each child is able to explore and learn at his or her own pace, fostering deep and meaningful learning.
Currently, we are looking for an experienced, energetic, team-oriented early childhood educator to substitute and work with the CiL team in Pleasant Hill.
- 6-9 ECE Units, Working Toward 12 ECE Units
- Not Accepted: Health and Safety and Infant Toddler
- Montessori School Experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination and booster(s) required
- Casual/On-Call between the hours of 8 AM & 5 PM
- Monday – Friday (closed on all major holidays)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Dental & Vision are free if you waive Medical Insurance
- Voluntary Illness and Accident Protection (Aflac)
- EAP & 403b Retirement Plan
- Floating Holiday
- Birthday Holiday
- Generous PTO Policy
- Staff working 40 hours per week can earn 17 days of PTO per year
- Paid Time Off on most National Holidays
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (925) 682-6434 x291
- Fax: (925) 849-1784