Under the direction of the Lead Registered Nurse (RN), the Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) provides nursing services in the Adult Day Health Care Program and other programs as needed, overseeing an average total participant population of 120, approximately 64 daily.
The LVN must be familiar with and adhere to all Title 22 ADHC regulations. The Mt. Diablo and Bedford Centers serve multi-cultural participants and the LVN must be sensitive to these cultures, customs and diversities and effectively use program translators as needed for communication. LVN’s are an intricate part of our nursing department and must communicate regularly with the RN’s regarding observations and any adverse issues pertaining to participants.
The LVN works as a member of the CiA team to meet our mission to provide the services needed for frail elderly and disabled adults to remain independent and retain their dignity while engaging in an active social life.
- Take and record participant vitals including:
- Finger sticks and blood glucose level readings
- Blood pressure and temperature readings
- Update and sign flow sheets, ensuring accurate accounting and data entry and meeting all deadlines
- Input information regarding participant observations, monitoring and health statuses into Progress Notes, Turbo Tar and Nursing Flow Sheets in a timely manner
- Observe participants closely and report any sign of treatment complications, adverse medication reactions, alertness, change in participation levels, personal care, hygiene, Instrumental Activities of Daily Living and stand by assistance issues to RNs
- At the direction of the RN inform the physician and staff of changes in participant’s conditions and needs; request and file lab results and manage the fax binder
- Must be in compliance with Title 22
- Communicate with family regarding medication refills
- Print out new month MAR (Medication Reconciliation form)
- Ensure medications are distributed properly by:
- Reconciling medication with doctor’s orders
- Preparing medications for distribution
- Passing medications to participants and observing ingestion of medications
- Provide routine intervention as requested by RN
- When directed by the RN, provide emergency care for participants and respond immediately to any participant change in condition
- Complete an Incident Report when appropriate and submit to the Program Director the day of an incident
- Fax quarterlies and medication sheets every four months and reassessments every six months
- Order supplies for MDC and Bedford
- Graduate of a California accredited School of Vocational Nursing or Graduate of an accredited Out-Of-State School of Practical/Vocational Nursing
- Possess current active:
- California License for Vocational Nursing
- CPR and Basic First Aid card
- Basic computer literacy including email, word, internet etc.
- Public Health experience is preferred
- Must possess good communication skills in order to support people with disabilities and/or elders
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English clearly
- Monday – Friday (closed on all major holidays)
Staff working Full-Time (30+ hours per week) & Part-Time (20+ hours per week) are eligible for the following…
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Dental & Vision are free if you waive Medical Insurance
- Voluntary Illness and Accident Protection (Aflac)
- EAP & 403b Retirement Plan
- Floating Holiday
- Birthday Holiday
- Generous PTO Policy
- Staff working 40 hours per week can earn 17 days of PTO per year
- Paid Time Off on most National Holidays
Additional Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
Application: To apply, you may fill out the form on this page or email us your cover letter and resume. You can also call or fax us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (925) 682-6434 x291
- Fax: (925) 849-1784
Subject Line: Attn: Human Resources Coordinator – *Title of Open Position*
Please note: The recruitment timeline for this position may vary and depend on many factors and we appreciate your patience during this process. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting those candidates whose qualifications most closely match our requirements for the position.
Choice in Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.