Do you have a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of seniors? Do you like to play games and lead arts and crafts? Do you want to give back to your community? If so, become a CARE PROFESSIONAL at Choice in Aging!
Under the supervision of the Activity Coordinator, Physical Therapist and Director, the Care Professional will assist with general maintenance exercise and participant care, pursuant to Adult Day Health Care, California Code of Regulations and Title 22 regulations. The Care Specialist works as a member of the CiA team creating opportunities where people can learn, grow and age independently with dignity and community.
- Leads and supports participants in maintenance exercises under the Supervision of Activity Coordinator, Physical Therapist, and Program Director
- Assists participants with safe transfers, ambulation, wheelchair mobility, and toileting
- Documents participant’s exercises
- Cleans equipment and exercise room
- Performs limited clerical work
- Maintains confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Completes all required documentation and records in accordance with program regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Health care experience
- Basic computer skills
- Nursing or medical certification (CNA license or higher) preferred but not required
- Full COVID-19 vaccination and booster(s) required
- Monday – Friday (closed on all major holidays)
- Full-Time (30+ hours/week) 9 AM – 3:30 PM
- Part-Time will be considered within the 9 AM – 3:30 PM timeframe
- On-Call within the 9 AM – 3:30 PM timeframe
- Flexible hours TBD with the candidate
Staff working Full-Time (30+ hours per week) & Part-Time (20+ hours per week) are eligible for the following…
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Dental & Vision are free if you waive Medical Insurance
- Voluntary Illness and Accident Protection (Aflac)
- EAP & 403b Retirement Plan
- Floating Holiday
- Birthday Holiday
- Generous PTO Policy
- Staff working 40 hours per week can earn 17 days of PTO per year
- Paid Time Off on most National Holidays
Additional Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
Application: To apply, you may fill out the form on this page or email us your cover letter and resume. You can also call or fax us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (925) 682-6434 x291
- Fax: (925) 849-1784
Subject Line: Attn: Human Resources Coordinator – *Title of Open Position*
Please note: The recruitment timeline for this position may vary and depend on many factors and we appreciate your patience during this process. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting those candidates whose qualifications most closely match our requirements for the position.
Choice in Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.