The Alzheimer’s Day Health Care & Resource Centers are available at two locations; Mt. Diablo Center in Pleasant Hill and the Bedford Center in Antioch. Our award-winning Alzheimer’s Day Care and Resource Centers (ADCRC) are geared to those with mid to late stage Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Our professional staff is trained to address the unique needs of the individual, while providing much needed respite and support for their caregivers.
A customized care plan is designed for each participant to maximize their success in the program. The program features a variety of appropriate psycho-social, cognitive and recreational activities, while maintaining dignity and encouraging laughter and independence.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM:
- Care plans based on individual needs
- Respite for caregivers
- In depth case management by nurses, social workers, physical, speech and occupational therapists and psychological services as needed
- Exercise, games, live entertainment, music, art and horticulture therapy
- Social interaction, holiday and themed event celebrations
- A nutritional lunch and transportation
- A safe, supportive and nurturing environment where dignity is a top priority
SUPPORT GROUPS FOR CAREGIVERS
In partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association, we offer two support groups, one at Mt. Diablo Center on the third Wednesday of each month from 4:30pm-6:00pm and another at the Bedford Center (dates vary, contact Evie Christou for details). A different topic is addressed at every session and covers the variety of issues and challenges facing caregivers.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY AND COST
All participants must be 18 years of age or older. Private pay, Medi-Cal Managed Care, Regional Center of the East Bay, and VA insurance are accepted for those who qualify. Some long-term care and insurance policies will cover the cost, and other payment options may be available.
A medical history and physical are required for admission. A home visit is provided by our social worker for needs assessment and to explain the admissions process at no cost.