ADULT DAY HEALTH CARE & ADULT DAY CARE
Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) and social Adult Day Program (ADP) programs are offered at both Mt. Diablo Center and The Bedford Center and provide the services needed for frail elderly and disabled adults to remain independent and retain their dignity while engaging in an active social life.
ADULT DAY HEALTH CARE (ADHC)
ADHC was founded in the 1970’s and is focused on adults maintaining their optimal level of cognitive and physical health. Each participant has a customized plan created by a team of health care professionals. The plan addresses an individual’s needs, and is designed to maintain and hopefully increase vitality and mental functioning, while giving their caregiver respite.
ADULT DAY PROGRAM (ADP)
ADP offers a caring, supportive and social environment for those who don’t need health care interventions. Participants get physical and mental exercise through group work-outs and mind-sharpening games, and most importantly, social interaction and a sense of purpose and community. This program supports caregivers, and their wish to have their loved ones remain at home.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMS:
- Care plans based on individual needs
- Respite for caregivers
- In depth medical case management by nurses, social workers, physical, speech and occupational therapists, and psychological services as needed (ADHC only)
- Appropriate exercise, recreational and educational activities, discussions, current events, dancing, gardening and more!
- Games, live entertainment, music, art, crafts and horticulture therapy
- Socialization and engagement
- A nutritious meal and transportation
- Holiday and themed event celebrations
- Social and referral services as needed
- Increased independence, well being, and FUN!
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY AND COST
All participants must be 18 years of age or older. Private pay, Medi-Cal Managed Care, Regional Center of the East Bay, and VA insurance are accepted for those who qualify. Some long-term care and insurance policies will cover the cost, and other payment options may be available.
A medical history and physical are required for admission. A home visit is provided by our social worker for needs assessment and to explain the admissions process at no cost.